What to do for Mom this mother’s day?
Remember, no matter what your Mother says, she DOES WANT to be celebrated! It is just one day a year. As the shoe brand encourages, “Just do it.”
- At the very least, give your mother a card and add a few heartfelt words.
- Shower your mother with your time. We like it when our children pay attention to us.
- Feed your Mom. Take her out. Bring prepared food to her. BBQ in the backyard.
Give Mom the day off from cooking and doing dishes!!
- Visit gardens or give Mom a plant or two for her yard. Check out our article about beautiful public gardens for ideas: mlivingnews.com/features/with-gratitude
- Gather the troops for a family photo.
- Take your mother out for an ice cream cone.
- If you are out-of-town, set up a Zoom call so Mom can see you while you tell her how much she is appreciated
- Talk to your mother about your personal history. She has a wealth of memories to share. Ask her questions about your family over the years.
- Is there a project your Mother needs help with? Mother’s Day is a good day to promise and set a date to deliver on your promise .
- Get grandchildren involved. Let them plant flowers, give big hugs, draw pictures and treat their grandmother like a queen for the day.
Moms can be easily satisfied on Mother’s Day with love and attention. It is that easy.