Just about everyone loves Caesar salad and while great and combative arguments can and do arise about what constitutes an authentic Caesar, we give you our maybe-not-totally-authentic-but-loved-by-everyone-caesar-recipe.
This recipe, like most we post, can and should be tweaked and adjusted to suit your palette.
This is an easy to make, do mostly ahead of time recipe that makes your kitchen smell absolutely wonderful and convinces your dinner guesst that there is no better Caesar recipe.
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce, washed, dried and refrigerated.
- 1-3 cloves Fresh garlic
- ½ can anchovies
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 t dijon mustard
- Fresh pepper
- ⅓ C olive oil
- 1 egg
- Juice from ½-11/2 lemons
- ½ – 1 C shredded parmesan cheese
- Wipe salad bowl with a cut clove of garlic. (Wooden bowl is best)
- Add remaining garlic cloves into the bowl, along with the anchovies and crush with a fork. The amount of these ingredients depends on your likes and dislikes but it just isn’t Caesar without both.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground pepper and olive oil. Mix with a fork.
- Let sit while you go about other meal preparations.
- Cut or tear romaine into larger bite-size pieces and add to the bowl. Mix with tongs or salad forks to coat lettuce with the dressing.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly (raw or slightly boiled)
- Add lemon and mix
- Add parmesan and mix
- Sprinkle with more cracked pepper.
- Place croutons on top to be mixed just before serving.(make you own, they are so much better.)
Check out our other recipes: