The recent St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, sponsored by Buckeye Real Estate Group, raised $1,000,000 to support life-saving research and treatment for kids and families battling childhood cancer.
During the contest, public tours of the grand prize— a 2,400 square-foot Dream Home in Waterville Meadows valued at around $315,000—demonstrated the builder’s and decorator’s meticulous attention-to-detail in both the exterior and interior design.
“We had such a wonderful time decorating this special home, knowing the money was going to a fantastic cause,” said Elizabeth Laeng, Marketing Director, who also serves as one of Buckeye’s interior designers.
Dianne and Dave Jaeger won the Dream Home by purchasing 30 of the $100 raffle tickets, but didn’t move in. The couple generously donated the home back to the St. Jude charity.
Laeng’s decorating tips:
- Keep clutter “under wraps” – guests should not see mail, bills, computer wires or chargers.
- Pick out one or two accent colors and carry them into adjoining rooms. For instance, use bold color placemats in the dining room that match canister sets in the kitchen.
- Neutral finishes are best – use bold colors as accents. “Have a neutral palette with splashes of color.
- Warm up bedrooms by adorning them with area rugs, plants and, perhaps, a sitting area for reading.
- Everything should have a place and “train your family well.” Live in your home and relax but, at the end of the day, put things back and tidy up.