Bath salts can have some very beneficial effects to your health, but where do you start when you want to give them a try?
What are bath salts?
Bath salts are pulverized minerals that are meant to be dissolved into water for soaking. The base for almost all salts is commonly magnesium sulfate, also known as epsom salt, or sea salt. When elements like essential oils, menthol, or other minerals are added to epsom salt, bath salts are formed! When dissolved into a warm bath or a tub of water, bath salts can help with everything from aches and pains to stress relief. Epsom salt is well known for its ability to draw foreign objects out, just like when you would soak your foot in a tub of epsom salt for a splinter as a kid. All bath salts have this essence and function of drawing out what shouldn’t be there. Let’s look at the different types of bath salts with their functions and where you can purchase them around Toledo!
What types of bath salts are there and what are the benefits of each?
Though epsom salt and sea salt are the bases for most bath salts, with the added mix of essential oils, using bath salts can have both aromatherapeutic benefits as well as physiological benefits. Here are some types of bath salts that are easy to find:
- Plain Epsom Salt – As mentioned above, epsom salt has so many benefits when used on it’s own. It’ll help the most with soreness and aching!
- Dr. Teal’s brand (available at Meijer, Walmart, Target, Kroger, and most big-box stores in the area)
- Epsom Salt with Lavender – If you’re looking for a nighttime bath soak, this is it! The lavender essential oils calm your body and mind to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Epsom Salt with Rose Essential Oil – Rose essential oil when paired with epsom salt can help relieve stress, fight anxiety, and relax your body and mind as aromatherapy while soaking.
- Epsom Salt with Shea Butter & Almond Oil – The combination of shea butter and almond oil with the exfoliating epsom salt will help with dry skin by helping to soften and moisturize.
- Epsom Salt with Eucalyptus & Spearmint – With eucalyptus clearing the senses, spearmint improving your mood, and epsom salt relieving muscle aches, this combination is sure to relax you.
- Epsom Salt with Hemp Seed Oil – Hemp seed oil has an enormous amount of health benefits including holistic pain relief. When combined with epsom salt as a bath soak, you’ll feel the instant relief.
- Epsom Salt with Ashwagandha – The aromatherapeutic benefits of Ashwagandha Indian Winter Cherry helps comfort and destress your mind while allowing your body to relax.
- Epsom Salt with Echinacea, Lemon, Eucalyptus, and Menthol – If you’re congested or have the sniffles, the combination of these elements will give you some serious cold relief. Pair it with a glass of hot tea, and you’ll be back at your best in no time!
Where else can I buy bath salts around Toledo?
For a wider variety of products, Lush and Buff City Soap are great stores that tailor their products to your needs.
- Lush Cosmetics at Levis Commons in Perrysburg carries a variety of bath bombs with high concentrations of epsom salt and sea salt for tight and sore muscles. Bath bombs are an easy solution to avoiding big bags of salt. Each bath bomb has already measured out the proper amount of each element and just needs to be dropped into the hot water to dissolve with no measuring necessary!
- Address: 3175 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH 43551
- Phone #: 567-368-7208
- Website: https://www.lushusa.com
- Buff City Soap has 2 locations around here, one in Toledo and one in Holland. They carry epsom salts infused with a variety of scents in 36 ounce tubs. Each bath, it’s recommended to us to use ½ cup of the epsom salt soak, which means a tub would get you about 9 baths! They also carry a huge selection of bath bombs that can target different areas of pain when soaked in.
- Toledo location
- Address: 3444 Secor Rd, Toledo, OH 43606
- Phone #: 419-214-0331
- Holland location
- Address: 7103 Orchard Centre Dr, Holland, OH 43528
- Phone #: 567-742-7471
- Website: https://www.buffcitysoap.com
- Toledo location
- Your CBD Store in Maumee and Toledo has a wide selection of CBD bath bombs and bath salt soaks. Each bath bomb has 100mg of non-THC CBD to help with sore muscles and is paired with a variety of essential oils. These can be broken in half to get 2 bath uses out of them as well. They also carry lavender bath salt soaks which amount to 200mg of CBD in each bag, so depending on how much you prefer to use per bath, it’s likely going to be worth a few!
- Toledo location
- Address: 5239 Door St. Toledo, OH 43615
- Phone #: 419-214-0979
- Maumee location
- Address: 477 W Dussel Dr. Maumee, OH 43537
- Phone #: 419-794-1170
- Toledo location
- Fangboner Farms in Holland is an all natural herb farm that focuses on the holistic approach to living a healthy life.
- Address: 1179 S Crissey Rd. Holland, OH 43528
- Phone #: 567-703-6191
- Website: https://fangbonerfarms.com
- Handmade Toledo in downtown Toledo offers a large variety of homemade bath bombs, shower bombs, and bath salts infused with various holistic pain relievers that have the local, Toledo touch!
- Address: 1717 Adams St. Toledo, OH 43604
- Phone #: 419-214-1717
- Website: https://shophandmadetoledo.com