Tag Archives: 100 Years

The Colony

by Pat Nowak The Colony in Rossford is celebrating 100 years and we are taking a peek at the first home in the Colony— owned since 1995 by Pat and Jim Appold. The home, built in 1916 for George Rheinfrank, a noted architect in the area, has had three other previous owners. The all brick

The American Red Cross of Northwest Ohio Celebrates 100 Years

One hundred years ago, a group of community leaders gathered at the Produce Exchange Building with the intent of forming a local chapter of the American Red Cross. On July 7th, 1916 a formal charter was obtained from the National Red Cross..  Rachel Hepner-Zawodny, Exec-utive Director, states that “in 2016, the Northwest Ohio Chapter of

Toledo’s best-loved century-old businesses

By Pat Nowak    Photos courtesy of the Toledo club This is part of our MLiving Series highlighting businesses that have prospered for over 100 years, demonstrating hard work, passion, patience and ingenuity. The Toledo Club, a bastion of old money and fabulous architecture opened its doors on Saturday, June 19, 1915. Since then it has

Toledo’s best-loved century-old businesses

by Jordan Killam       photos by Jeff Jones This is Part 3 of our MLiving Series highlighting businesses that have prospered for over 100 years, demonstrating hard work, passion, patience and ingenuity. Harbor Est. 1913 Harbor began as the Luella Cummings Home, which first operated as a school and also as The Girls Protection