Another day of the “Stay at Home” order; another meal made to feed our bellies and souls! This dish is sooooo good. It is very easy to make and every single person I have ever served this to loved it and asked for more! Make your time at home better with this meal.
Veal and Pasta
1. Assemble ingredients:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1# ground veal (can use very lean ground sirloin)
- salt and pepper
- ½ C dry white wine
- 1 ½ C chicken stock
- 1-2 t chopped thyme
- ½-1 chopped rosemary
- 2+ T capers, rinsed
- ¾ # orecchiette (can substitute shells)
- 1 C grated Parmigiano
- ¼ C chopped parsley
- 2 T unsalted butter
2. Measure, chop and prepare all ingredients. Combine thyme, rosemary and capers. Combine cheese, parsley and butter. See photo. This is an important step because the cooking goes fast.
3. Start pasta water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
4. Add oil to a deep skillet and heat. Add onions and sauté on med-high. When nearly softened, add the garlic, then meat, salt and pepper. Turn heat to high and stir the meat mixture until nearly dry.
5. Turn heat down to med-high and add wine and cook it off for about 5 minutes.
6. Next, add stock and herbs and capers and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
7. Add drained pasta to the meat mixture. Stir in butter, cheese and parsley and keep stirring until thickened – a couple of minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
[Credit to Food and Wine for the basic recipe]